An Association is made up of the parents, staff and community members of a school.
The purpose of an Association is to provide members with a way to participate and be involved in supporting the school.
The Association for each school has been established under the Education Act 2016 (Tas).
The Association works with the Principal to achieve shared outcomes for learners and the whole school.
Associations participate in:
- development of school policies, school improvement plans and the formulation of school objectives, priorities, strategic directions and values
- planning the financial arrangements to support these objectives
- evaluating the school’s performance to achieve those objectives, priorities, strategic directions and values
- the selection process of a Principal, where a permanent vacancy exists
- fostering the value and benefits of education
- encouraging co-operation among teachers, students, parents and the school community
- raising funds to benefit the school.
Parents & Friends
The Parents & Friends is a sub-committee of the School Association.
The objectives of the sub-committee is to organise functions in order to raise funds for the benefit of the students.
The Parents & Friends meet on the following dates in 2019: 29th March AGM 7.00pm, 29th May, 31st July, 25th September and 27th November. Meetings are held in the staffroom.
All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend these monthly meetings.